SEO-Friendly structure for Golf Accessories website
This golf retailer website was moving from outdated ASP platform to Magento and wants to have a better and more SEO-friendly structure.
What we did:
Deep and detailed keyword research
- The most difficult part is to find the balance between search popularity and search competition level
- Keep in mind current inventory structure and business goals
- Cover additional keywords and variations
- Remain realistic: take into consideration the website authority and it’s chances to rank high enough with additional keywords
New category structure
- Keep pages from old websites, natural traffic of landing pages
- New pages created according to discovered opportunities
- Short content created for 30 category pages
SEO-safety moves to another CMS
- New onsite optimization according to the keyword research
- 301 redirects for all previous category pages, each redirected to the relevant new version
- 301 redirects for each old product page redirect
- Only one website version, canonical URLs and other improvements to prevent the duplication of the content.
- Fixed external broken links
- Post-release SEO-audit
Once the new version has been indexed, the natural traffic increases drastically, approximately on + 45.69%, and the revenue from natural traffic is around + 114.85% (comparing the month before release and the month after release).
October 2016 update
Proper and well-planned structure able to make some magic: organic traffic keep grows in October (+40.74%)